The two groups are now full
So who’s up for some fabric?
Me me me!!! I hear you saying?
Here’s a fun way to increase your stash of precuts and to end up with a nice pile of rainbow coloured charm squares. I have done a few charm swaps in the past, two rainbow themed and one for Japanse fabric (which I wouldn’t mind to repeat again, Cindy… -blink blink- ). They are really useful when you are making small projects and need a good varied selection of squares. So what do you think? Would you like to add 112 charms squares in your stash?
This is how it works:
We need 28 participants but it would be great if we got 56…
1. To sign up, comment below with your email address. Sign ups will close on the 12 of October at midnight.
2. You will then receive an email by the 17th of october from either Cindy or me with your assigned colour.
3. Once you have your colour, you must find 2 prints (1 yard each) where you assigned colour mainly predominates BUT one will be light and the other dark. Bear in mind that you will have to cut the fabric into 5″ squares, so try not to get prints with big motifs or with big sections of a different colour. The fabric must be 100% good quality quilting cotton, modern prints and no solids, please.
This photo above gives you a general idea for the 2 contrasting shades of each colour.
4. Once you choose your fabric, check this flickr
group to make sure that someone hasn’t got it first and upload a photo of each print. This way we will be able to check all the prints and dribble a bit at the goodness that is coming to us.
5. Cut your fabric into 5″ squares, (if you have never cut charm squares before you can follow this tutorial
), put them in a plastic bag (those resealable food bags work brilliantly) and post them to Galway by 22 November. Include in your parcel a pre-addressed return envelope. No return envelope, no returned charms.
Since this is a Fluffy Sheep Quilting
sponsored swap, a 10% discount is offered on any fabrics purchased from the shop. You will find a discount code in the email with your colour assignment. If you buy from FSQ, your fabric will also be cut into charms AND you will not have to pay shipping. Big thank you to Cindy!
See how gorgeous they looked in the last swap?
Cindy and I will sort all the charms and you will receive 112 charms, 56 prints in duplicate. When shipping comes around, send (via paypal) to Cindy the cost of your shipping so that she doesn’t loose out on paypal fees. She will not be invoicing you, but requesting you send the payment directly to her by email.
So, want to join the fun???